Take the next step—apply
An online degree from NCCU carries the same weight and prestige as our traditional classroom programs. Complete the admissions process before registering for an online course.
Follow these step-by-step instructions to apply today:
A $100 enrollment deposit is required to secure your spot in the incoming class. Please note that the NCCU Online Admissions Office is monitoring the program size and reserves the right to waitlist a student at any time as the program reaches capacity. Hence, it is encouraged that you pay your enrollment deposit as soon as possible upon acceptance to NCCU. Please note the enrollment fee is non-refundable.
In addition to the completed application and non-refundable application fee (or fee-waiver request), students are expected to submit the following materials:
- a. Official secondary school transcript (s) or GED or a high school equivalency diploma.
- b. Official transcript (s) from all colleges attended, including summer sessions and including any online or distance-education classes, regardless if college credit was earned or will transfer.
- c. Official college transcripts are required from all enrolling students.
- d. Any additional items or information requested in the application or by Extended Studies, DE Undergraduate Admission Officers.
- e. Enrolling students may also need to submit and complete a background check as required by UNC System policy.
Extended Studies, at its discretion, may deny admission to students who submit completed applications but who do not provide one or more of the additional materials listed above.
- Choose your program of interest
- Application deadlines
- Review the Admission Requirements and complete your application for admission
- Receive your acceptance to NCCU
- Pay Non-Refundable Enrollment Fee
- Submit your final transcripts
- Apply for Financial Aid and/or scholarships
- Contact an Advisor
- Search for Classes
- Pay tuition and fees
- Attend Classes
- Note add/drop deadlines
For admissions purposes, the following documents are acceptable as proof of U.S. citizenship:
- US Birth Certificate
- US Passport (not expired)
- Naturalized Citizen Certificate
- Permanent Resident Card
- Certificate of Citizenship
- Report of Birth Abroad of US Citizen
For additional questions, visit International Affairs website or call 919-530-7912.